Monday, February 2, 2009

NUMB


Linkin Park - Numb

No single nu metal band has even come close to achieving the recognition that Linkin Park has. Their safe, white-boy image, clean lyrics, false angst, and catchy hooks propelled them to superstar status in just a few years. Something about their image seems to attract adolescent males like flies to honey. Personally, I see Linkin Park as one part of the trifecta of high school nerdiness, along with the Halo video games and Mountain Dew. They just go together so well.

1 comment:

davor said...

Once I was on a little class project shoot at film school. I was stuck in a little cabin in Wisconsin with a bunch of people I didn't really want to be around. One of the guys was raving about Linkin Park the whole time. This was in 2000, so it was about a year or so before LP got really big. As annoying as that chode was, I imagine it was even worse when LP was huge and he was running around telling everyone he told them so.